When is Madagascar vs Burundi taking place? Thursday 27th June, 2019 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Madagascar vs Burundi taking place? Alexandria Stadium, Alexandria
What television channel is Madagascar vs Burundi on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Madagascar vs Burundi? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Madagascar vs Burundi? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Madagascar claimed an impressive point in their opening game at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in what was their first ever game in this competition as they held Guinea to a draw.
- Despite going a goal behind in the first half, Madagascar responded well with two goals early in the second period with Anicet Andrianantenaina scoring his side’s first before Charles Carlos Andriamahitsinoro scored the second soon after but a penalty for Guinea levelled things up.
- After such an impressive performance in their opening game, coach Nicolas Dupuis has a big decision to make as he must decide whether to rotate his side to give game time to his squad members or stick with what he perceives as his strongest side.
- Burundi gave three-time Africa Cup of Nations winners Nigeria a real scare as their defensive efforts kept them out for the majority of the game in their opening contest but a late goal broke their hearts.
- The Nigerians saw a lot of the ball but both teams had the same number of shots (15) with Burundi even managing to get more on target as they posed a threat of their own but a 77th-minute effort from Nigeria substitute Odion Ighalo was enough to break the deadlock.
- It was an impressive showing from Burundi in their first ever appearance at the tournament and after giving such a good account of themselves, it’s unlikely that they will make too many changes to the side that featured against Nigeria.
These two tournament debutants both showed up well in their opening games and demonstrated that they deserved to feature at this level. Madagascar claimed a point from their game whilst Burundi fell just short against Nigeria but this game is wide open with either capable of winning. Burundi are the lowest ranked team in the tournament but that will not stop them from pushing Madagascar and if both teams replicate their displays from their opening match, this could end in a draw.
Source – https://www.thestatszone.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations-madagascar-vs-burundi-preview-prediction