You've successfully subscribed to World News Updates - WNU365
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to World News Updates - WNU365
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.
When is Uganda vs Senegal taking place? Friday 5th July, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Uganda vs Senegal taking place? Cairo International Stadium, Cairo
What television channel is Uganda vs Senegal on? All AFCON matches will be televised live on either Eurosport 1 or 2
Where can I stream Uganda vs Senegal? Subscribers can stream the match via Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Uganda vs Senegal? https://www.footballticketnet.com/2019-africa-cup-of-nations
THE TEAM NEWS
- Uganda lost their final match of Group A in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations against Egypt but it did not matter as they still progressed to the knockout stages where they will face Senegal in the last 16.
- Two goals in the first half were enough to see off the Ugandan challenge as they were kept scoreless in the 2-0 loss but the win over DR Congo and a draw with Zimbabwe was enough to see them progress as runners-up.
- Uganda’s preparation for the last 16 clash with Senegal has not been ideal after their players refused to participate in some training sessions as a dispute over payments continues with their FA.
- Senegal bounced back from their defeat against Algeria as they eventually claimed a comfortable win over Kenya with that victory ensuring their progression to the knockout stages of the Africa Cup of Nations.
- It was not plain sailing for the Senegalese who struggled to break the Kenyans down and when Sadio Mane’s penalty was saved in the first half, panic could have set in amongst the Senegal camp.
- Ismaila Sarr’s effort in the 63rd minute broke the deadlock to take the pressure off his side before Mane made up for his earlier miss with two goals to seal a 3-0 win to set up the meeting with Uganda in what could be a much-changed side once again.
Senegal and Uganda both finished in second place in their respective groups but both will need to show improvements in their last 16 clash. Things seemed to finally come together for Senegal in the second half of their clash with Kenya and if their attacking talent can continue to create chances, they can be a match for anybody in the tournament. Uganda have done well to progress but this could be a step too far with Senegal able to make the quarter-finals.
Go To Source: undefined
World News Updates - WNU365 Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.