Lionel Messi ranks first in the list of highest-paid sportspersons of the prestigious magazine Forbes. Lionel Messi is a professional footballer who plays for Paris Saint-Germain of Ligue 1 and captain of the Argentina national team. He is still considered the best player in the world. He won a record 7 Ballons d’Or. Here you will know about Lionel Messi net worth, salary, age, tricks and records.
Lionel Messi’s Net Worth
Argentina soccer player Lionel Messi is worth $600 million in 2022. His income sources include soccer contracts, salaries, endorsements, and sponsorships. In 2017, Messi signed a contract with Barcelona. The deal gave Barcelona no. 10 average base salary of $168 million. In addition, he earns about $40 million a year from endorsements.
In his time at Barcelona, Lionel Messi earned more than $1.3 billion in his career only from his football contracts and endorsements. According to trusted sources, he earned roughly $900 million in salary and $400 million in endorsement deals.
According to his official salary, Lionel Messi earned a gross salary north of €70 million per season for 2018-19, 2019-20, and 2020-21. For the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons, Messi’s official gross salary was more than €38 million for each season. After joining PSG in the 2021-22 season, he earned a gross salary of €63 million per season, which was €1.2 million weekly.
Lionel Messi Bio
|Full Name||Lionel Andrés Messi|
|Date of Birth||24 June 1987|
|_Height _||170 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
|Birthplace||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Net Worth||$600 million|
|*Relationship Status *||Married|
|*Spouse *||Antonela Roccuzzo|
|Children||Thiago, Mateo, Ciro|
Messi’s Club Career:
Messi played for Barcelona, the first team in the 2003-04 season. From there, Messi’s club status rose rapidly. His shooting and goals impress other teammates and coaches. He made his debut against Jose Mourinho’s Porto in 2003. In the 2004-03 season, he was promoted to the B team and made his debut against Espanyol. At 17, he is the youngest player to represent Barcelona in official competitions. This season he made his debut against Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Champions League. At 18, Messi signed his first contract as a team player. He played well against Juventus Fabio Capello.
In 2008-09, after two unsuccessful seasons, Messi got number 10. He signed a new contract with a salary of 7.8 million euros per year, which is the highest paid player of the company. During that time, he scored 38 goals for the club. But after many games with good goals and exciting games, the success showed in the new contract that handed Messi to the club with a contract to buy a new 250 million euros. At that time, his salary was increased to 12 million euros.
In 2009-10, Messi won the first Ballon d’Or at the age of 22. He also won the Fifa World Player of the Year award. In 2010-11, Messi won Barcelona’s first trophy by scoring the first hat-trick. Messi helped Barcelona win 16 consecutive victories which is a record in Spanish football.
During the 2011-12 season, Messi scored an unprecedented 73 goals and provided 29 assists in all club competitions. In 2012, Messi became Barcelona’s all-time top scorer. In 2019, Messi scored 400 goals in 435 league appearances. He became the first player ever to manage this tally in one of Europe’s top five leagues. In 2020, Messi reached the 700th goal in his senior career life. In August 2020, Barcelona announce he to desire leave should a buyer pay his €700 Million buyout clause. But Messi wanted to stay and want to continue for the final year.
In 2020-21, Messi played his final season at Barcelona. In July, Messi became a free agent. Because his contract is expired. Next month he officially claimed that he would be leaving Barcelona. In 2021-22, Messi won the seventh Ballon d’Or and he signed a two-year deal for French Club Paris Saint-German. He made his debut for the club against Reims.
- From 2004-05, Messi was available to play for both countries of Argentina and Spanish nationals. But Messi declined the offer from Spain’s Under-17 squad. He finalized his status as Argentina Player.
- In 2005-06, Messi made his senior debut in Argentina. He played his first game for his country against Peru. He played his first Fifa World Cup in 2006.
- From 2007-08, he played Copa America 2007 and also played Summer Olympics 2008 for his country.
- In 2009, Argentina struggled to qualify for the World Cup 2010. Messi wore Argentina’s 10 Number shirt for the first time.
- In 2011-13, after the World Cup 2010, Messi became the captain of Argentina’s National Team. He secured Argentina for the World Cup 2014.
- In 2014-15, Messi helped Argentina in the World Cup 2014 final and Copa America final.
- In 2016-17, Messi again helped Argentina in the Copa America Final.
- In 2018, Messi played for his country in the World Cup 2018. But he was injured and can’t help the team in the tournament.
- In 2019-20, Messi played Copa America 2019 but claimed that this was not the best for his team in this tournament.
- In 2021, Messi played Copa America 2021. In this tournament, Argentina won for Messi’s good performance.
- In 2022, he is preparing for the last FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
Messi’s Club Salary
Messi is paid a salary of $75 million at Paris Saint-Germain, with an initial two-year contract and a third option. It is reported that Messi is willing to take a 50% salary cut to stay at Barcelona, but the Catalans cannot afford him even half his salary and cannot. – always a player.
|Season||Club||Gross Salary per Season|
Lionel Messi Family
Messi married his long-time girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo in 2017. They have been blessing 3 children. His eldest child is a son named Thiago Messi born in 2012. Their second son Mateo Messi was born in 2015. Their third son is Ciro Messi Roccuzzo who was born in 2018. Ciro is the only son who was born after their marriage.
Lionel Messi’s Achievements
- Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019, 2021
- World player: 2009
- The Best Award: 2019
- European Golden Shoe: 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19
- Laureus World Sports Awards: 2019
- Pichichi LaLiga: 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21
- MVP LaLiga: 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2014-15, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19
- Champions Top Scorer: 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2014-15, 2018-19
- FIFA FIFPRO: 2006
- Golden Ball: 2014 World Cup
- Men’s Player of the Year: 2010-11, 2014-15
- Golden Boy: 2005
- MVP Copa America: 2021
- Onze d’Or: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2018