In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the (4) Illinois Fighting Illini will face off with the (13) Chattanooga Mocs in the South Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Illinois vs Chattanooga prediction for the game today.
Illinois vs Chattanooga | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 4 Illinois Fighting Illini (22-9) vs. No. 13 Chattanooga Mocs (27-7)
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
Time: 6:50 PM EST
Venue: PPG Paints Arena — Pittsburgh, PA
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
Illinois vs Chattanooga College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: ILL: (-330) | UTC: (+270)
Point Spread: ILL: -7.5 (-110) | UTC: +7.5 (-110)
Total: 135.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
Illinois vs Chattanooga College Basketball Betting Trends
- Illinois is 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games.
- Illinois is 14-6 straight up in its last 20 games.
- Chattanooga is 5-0 straight up in its last five games.
- Chattanooga is 1-11 straight up in its last 12 games against Big Ten opponents.
Illinois vs Chattanooga Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
While the Fighting Illini have struggled to cover the spread in recent games, the opponents were also much tougher. Chattanooga is coming off a game in which Furman took them to overtime.
This Illinois team has guard play and a big Kofi Cockburn in the middle, making them one of the most dangerous teams in the NCAA Tournament. At their best, they can compete with anyone. And the worst is still not that bad, because of the balance we just talked about.