Floyd Mayweather announced a rematch with McGregor

Floyd Mayweather announced a rematch with McGregor

Floyd Mayweather has affirmed a rematch with Conor McGregor is coming in 2023 and said the hotly anticipated rematch could be an expert battle. It's been very nearly a long time since Mayweather gave the UFC whiz a boxing example, getting a 10th-round technical knockout triumph in Las Vegas in August 2017.

Mayweather has proactively uncovered he is in definite discussions with McGregor over the particulars of their 2023 rematch and uncovered it very well may be an expert battle. Talking solely to Sportsmail, Mayweather examined his arrangements until the end of the year and uncovered he could battle McGregor in an expert session in 2023.

Mayweather said: "I need to go out there this end of the week and have a great time [against Mikuru Asakura]. Then, at that point, I have another demo battle in Dubai in November lastly - Conor McGregor in 2023. We couldn't say whether it will be a demo or a genuine battle. Be that as it may, there were discusses both. I would lean toward a show.

McGregor, meanwhile, hasn't fought since suffering a broken leg in his last UFC fight, a loss to Dustin Poirier on July 10, 2021.

Since then, McGregor has expressed a desire to return to the boxing ring. "Boxing is my first love in combat sports," he told Sky Sports in May. "I had such a great time the last time I was out there."