Northern Illinois Huskies @ Central Michigan Chippewas
Current Records: Northern Illinois 4-4, Central Michigan 4-4
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Kelly/Shorts Stadium — Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
What to Know
Central Michigan will be in front of their home fans on Tuesday, but a look at the spread shows they might need that home-field advantage. The Central Michigan Chippewas and the Northern Illinois Huskies will face off in a Mid American West battle at 7:00 p.m. ET at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
The point spread may have favored Central Michigan last Saturday, but the final result did not. They fell 24-17 to Ball State.
Meanwhile, Northern Illinois had already won two in a row (a stretch where they outscored their opponents by an average of 25.5 points), and they went ahead and made it three last Saturday. They came out on top against Eastern Michigan by a score of 20-13. The score was all tied up 10-10 at the break, but Northern Illinois was the (much) better team in the second half.
Northern Illinois’ win was a true team effort, with many players turning in solid performances. Perhaps the best among them was Gavin Williams, who rushed for 80 yards on only seven carries.
Central Michigan’s defeat dropped their record down to 4-4. As for Northern Illinois, the victory got them back to even at 4-4.
While only Central Michigan took care of their fans the last time they played, neither team managed to cover. Looking ahead, Northern Illinois is the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by two points. This will be Central Michigan’s first time playing as the underdogs at home this season.
Central Michigan was able to grind out a solid victory over Northern Illinois in their previous matchup back in November of 2022, winning 35-22. Does Central Michigan have another victory up their sleeve, or will Northern Illinois turn the tables on them? We’ll have the answer soon enough.
Central Michigan has won 6 out of their last 8 games against Northern Illinois.
- Nov 02, 2022 – Central Michigan 35 vs. Northern Illinois 22
- Oct 23, 2021 – Northern Illinois 39 vs. Central Michigan 38
- Nov 11, 2020 – Central Michigan 40 vs. Northern Illinois 10
- Nov 02, 2019 – Central Michigan 48 vs. Northern Illinois 10
- Sep 15, 2018 – Northern Illinois 24 vs. Central Michigan 16
- Nov 24, 2017 – Central Michigan 31 vs. Northern Illinois 24
- Oct 15, 2016 – Central Michigan 34 vs. Northern Illinois 28
- Oct 03, 2015 – Central Michigan 29 vs. Northern Illinois 19