FAU Owls @ Charlotte 49ers
Current Records: FAU 3-4, Charlotte 2-5
How To Watch
- When: Friday, October 27, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Jerry Richardson Stadium — Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.49
What to Know
An American Athletic battle is on tap between the FAU Owls and the Charlotte 49ers at 7:30 p.m. ET on October 27th at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Charlotte does have the home-field advantage, but FAU is expected to win by four points.
After soaring to 56 points the game before, FAU faltered in their match on Saturday. Their painful 36-10 loss to UTSA might stick with them for a while.
Perhaps unsurprisingly given the score, the Owls had trouble moving the ball and finished the game with only 162 total yards. They were destroyed by their opponents in that department as UTSA gained 437.
Meanwhile, Charlotte finally caught a break after five consecutive losses. They came out on top in a nail-biter against East Carolina on Saturday and snuck past 10-7.
Charlotte can attribute much of their success to Jalon Jones, who rushed for 127 yards and a touchdown.
FAU now has a losing record at 3-4. As for Charlotte, their victory bumped their record up to 2-5.
Charlotte will be fighting an uphill battle on Friday as the experts have pegged them as the 3.5-point underdog. This contest will be their seventh straight as the underdogs (so far over this stretch they are 4-2 against the spread).
Everything came up roses for FAU against Charlotte in their previous meeting back in August of 2022 as the squad secured a 43-13 win. The rematch might be a little tougher for FAU since the team won’t have the home-field advantage this time around. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
FAU is a 3.5-point favorite against Charlotte, according to the latest college football odds.
Bettors have moved against the Owls slightly, as the game opened with the Owls as a 6-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 43 points.
FAU has won 6 out of their last 8 games against Charlotte.
- Aug 27, 2022 – FAU 43 vs. Charlotte 13
- Oct 21, 2021 – FAU 38 vs. Charlotte 9
- Oct 03, 2020 – FAU 21 vs. Charlotte 17
- Sep 28, 2019 – FAU 45 vs. Charlotte 27
- Nov 24, 2018 – Charlotte 27 vs. FAU 24
- Nov 25, 2017 – FAU 31 vs. Charlotte 12
- Oct 09, 2016 – Charlotte 28 vs. FAU 23
- Sep 26, 2015 – FAU 17 vs. Charlotte 7