Doral, Florida - In their final tournament of the Fall season, the Fighting Knights tied Tampa for third-place at the Miami Intercollegiate, with each team shooting a 54-hole score of 857 (+17).
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first round was one the best rounds of golf the Fighting Knights have played as a team this season. Behind Anthony Muttillo's 68 (-2) and Joseph Hudak's 69 (-1), Lynn shot a 280 (E) and sat in first place by four strokes heading into the second round.
- In round two, Eloy Vigil took over, shooting a 66, which was tied for the best single-round score of the tournament. The Fighting Knights shot a 289 (+9) and dropped to a tie for second in the overall standings.
- In the third round, the Fighting Knights shot a 288 (+8), which moved them into a tie for third place with the Tampa Spartans. In the round, four of the five Fighting Knights participating shot a 72, while Alejandro Madariaga shot a 73.
- Vigil led the way for Lynn, finishing tied for fourth with a final score of 210 (E). He finished the event tied for fourth-best in par 4 scoring (E), tied for fifth-best in par 5 scoring (-4) and he totaled 11 birdies.
- Madariaga and Muttillo finished tied for 19th with final scores of 216 (+6). Hudak was just one stroke behind, finishing the tournament tied for 27th with a 217 (+7).
- Mariano Ayora Gomez tied for 27th with a 54-hole score of 222 (+12).
- Madariaga ended the event tied for first in par 3 scoring (-1), while Muttillo finished tied for second in par 4 scoring (-1), two strokes behind the leader for the event.
- Hudak recorded the fifth-most pars of the tournament (36), as he helped the Fighting Knights to the second-most pars of any team at the event (169).
- As a team, the Fighting Knights shot 42 birdies and finished with the second-best par 4 score of any team (+15).
Lynn's NCAA Division II Fighting Knights have won 25 national titles and 47 conference championships. The Blue and White are a member of the Sunshine State Conference, the Division II "Conference of National Champions." Lynn University is an independent college based in Boca Raton, Florida. U.S. News & World Report has recognized Lynn for its innovation, international students and value. To keep up to date on Lynn Athletics, follow @Lynn_Knights on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
This event concludes the Fall schedule for the Fighting Knights. Lynn will get back on the course in the Spring when they will attempt to win the SSC and national championships.