The Los Angeles Dodgers, with an impressive record of 69-46, are set to host the struggling Colorado Rockies, who currently sit at 45-71, on August 12th. This National League showdown promises to deliver an exciting clash between two teams in different positions in their division standings. The Dodgers hold the top spot in the National League West, while the Rockies find themselves at the bottom. With both teams aiming for a victory, this game is bound to provide fireworks on the field.
Dodgers and Rockies Clash in a Tale of Two Records at Dodger Stadium
The Dodgers will send Tony Gonsolin, sporting a 7-4 record and a 4.42 ERA, to the mound as their starting pitcher. Gonsolin has been a reliable force for the Dodgers this season and will look to continue his strong performances against the Rockies. Meanwhile, the Rockies will counter with Peter Lambert, who holds a 2-3 record and a 5.57 ERA. Lambert will have a tough challenge ahead as he faces a formidable Dodgers batting lineup.
The Dodgers have been in excellent form lately, winning six consecutive games and going 9-1 in their last ten. This impressive streak has solidified their standing at the top of the division. On the other hand, the Rockies have struggled, losing their last three games and posting a disappointing 3-7 record in their last ten outings.
The game will take place on Saturday, August 12th, at 6:10 PM local time at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Fans can catch this thrilling matchup on SportsNet LA. Get ready for an exciting evening of baseball as the Dodgers aim to extend their winning streak, while the Rockies fight to turn their fortunes around.
Key Points to Watch Out For
– Keep an eye on the Dodgers’ star outfielder Mookie Betts, who leads the team in home runs. Betts has been a consistent performer for the Dodgers and can make a significant impact on the game.
– Watch for Max Muncy at third base for the Dodgers. He has been a solid contributor to the team’s offensive production, ranking second in home runs.
– Pay attention to the starting pitcher for the Rockies, Peter Lambert, as he looks to bounce back from recent struggles and deliver a strong performance against a formidable Dodgers lineup.
– The Dodgers’ depth and consistency in both pitching and hitting have been key factors in their success. Look for their well-rounded approach to shine through in this game.
– Don’t forget about Freddie Freeman, the dominant first baseman for the Rockies. He leads the team in batting average and runs batted in.
Los Angeles Dodgers: SS Gavin Lux (Knee, D60), RP J.P. Feyereisen (Shoulder, D60), RP Yency Almonte (Knee, Day-to-Day), SP Michael Grove (Lat, D15), RP Jimmy Nelson (Elbow, D60), RP Blake Treinen (Shoulder, D60), DH J.D. Martinez (Groin/Hamstring, Day-to-Day), SP Dustin May (Forearm, D60), CF Jake Marisnick (Hamstring, D10), LF Jonny Deluca (Hamstring, D10), SP Walker Buehler (Elbow, D60), RP Daniel Hudson (Knee, D60), RP Shelby Miller (Neck, D60), RP Alex Reyes (Shoulder, D60), RP Tyler Cyr (Shoulder, D60).
Colorado Rockies: 1B Sean Bouchard (Biceps, D60), SP Chase Anderson (Shoulder, D15), RF Kris Bryant (Finger, D10), DH Charlie Blackmon (Hand, D10), SP Antonio Senzatela (Elbow, D60), SP Ryan Feltner (Skull, D60), RP Matt Carasiti (Shoulder, D15), SP Ryan Rolison (Undisclosed, D60), SP Germán Márquez (Elbow, D60), RP Lucas Gilbreath (Elbow, D60), RP Nick Mears (Oblique, D15).