LAS VEGAS – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting live from Friday’s early and official UFC 239 fighter weigh-ins, where all 24 fighters made weight without issue.
The early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Las Vegas and precede the ceremonial weigh-ins for the fans, which take place at 7 p.m. ET at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The same venue hosts Saturday’s event, which has a main card on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+.
Among those weighing in were light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (24-1 MMA, 18-1 UFC) and challenger Thiago Santos (21-6 MMA, 13-5 UFC), who meet in the main event, and dual women’s champ Amanda Nunes (17-4 MMA, 10-1 UFC), who puts her bantamweight belt on the line against former titleholder Holly Holm(12-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC).
The full UFC 239 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Thiago Santos (204.5) – for light heavyweight title
- Champ Amanda Nunes (135) vs. Holly Holm (133.5) – for women’s bantamweight title
- Ben Askren (171) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5)
- Jan Blachowicz (205.5) vs. Luke Rockhold (204.5)
- Michael Chiesa (170.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (169)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Arnold Allen (145.5) vs. Gilbert Melendez (145.5)
- Nohelin Hernandez (136) vs. Marlon Vera (136)
- Claudia Gadelha (115) vs. Randa Markos (116)
- Alejandro Perez (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Jack Marshman (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
- Ismail Naurdiev (171) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.5)
- Julia Avila (135) vs. Pannie Kianzad (135)
For more on UFC 239, check out the MMA Schedule.