Georgia State Panthers @ Georgia Southern Eagles
Current Records: Georgia State 6-1, Georgia Southern 5-2
How To Watch
- When: Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Allen E. Paulson Stadium — Statesboro, Georgia
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
What to Know
Georgia Southern is on a five-game streak of home wins (dating back to last season), while Georgia State is on a three-game streak of away wins: one of those streaks is about to end. The pair will face off in a Sun Belt East battle at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday at Allen E. Paulson Stadium. Both teams come into the match bolstered by wins in their previous matches.
Georgia Southern gave up the first points last Saturday, but they didn’t let that get them down. They walked away with a 38-28 victory over UL Monroe. The win was just what Georgia Southern needed coming off of a 41-13 loss in their prior match.
Georgia Southern can attribute much of their success to Jalen White, who rushed for 164 yards and two touchdowns. Georgia Southern also got help from Khaleb Hood who showed off his sure hands for 98 receiving yards.
Georgia State had a rough season last year, but theylook ready to turn that poor record around this year. They had just enough and edged Louisiana out 20-17.
Georgia State got their win on the backs of several key players, but it was Darren Grainger out in front who threw for 211 yards and two touchdowns while completing 77.3% of his passes. Ahmon Green was another key contributor, picking up 44 receiving yards and two touchdowns.
Georgia Southern is on a roll lately: they’ve won three of their last four matches, which provided a nice bump to their 5-2 record this season. As for Georgia State, their win bumped their record up to 6-1.
Looking ahead, the matchup is expected to be close, with Georgia Southern going off as just a 1.5-point favorite. Anyone thinking of taking them against the spread should keep this in mind: the team hasn’t covered the last three times they’ve played Georgia State.
Georgia Southern came up short against Georgia State in their previous matchup back in October of 2022, falling 41-33. Will Georgia Southern have more luck at home instead of on the road?
Georgia Southern is a slight 1.5-point favorite against Georgia State, according to the latest college football odds.
The over/under is set at 62.5 points.
Georgia State has won 6 out of their last 8 games against Georgia Southern.
- Oct 08, 2022 – Georgia State 41 vs. Georgia Southern 33
- Oct 30, 2021 – Georgia State 21 vs. Georgia Southern 14
- Nov 28, 2020 – Georgia State 30 vs. Georgia Southern 24
- Nov 30, 2019 – Georgia Southern 38 vs. Georgia State 10
- Nov 24, 2018 – Georgia Southern 35 vs. Georgia State 14
- Nov 04, 2017 – Georgia State 21 vs. Georgia Southern 17
- Nov 19, 2016 – Georgia State 30 vs. Georgia Southern 24
- Dec 05, 2015 – Georgia State 34 vs. Georgia Southern 7